Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Friday:
• Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) stock rose 5.3% in premarket trade by 8:17 AM ET (12:17 GMT) after it reported an 18% jump in revenue during the second quarter, with diluted earnings per share of $1.43 on net income of $1.1 billion.
• McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD) stock jumped 2.3% after it reported 5.7% same-store sales growth in the U.S. in the second quarter, above expectations. Overall earnings were line with forecasts, with earnings per share of $2.05, while revenue rose 3% in constant currencies.
• Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOGL) stock surged 8.2% after its second-quarter earnings beat forecasts and it announced a $25 billion stock buyback. The company also played down fears of increased regulatory scrutiny.
• Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) stock was up 4.8% after it increased its revenue forecast and reported strong earnings of $1.06 per share on $16.51 billion in revenue.
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock inched up 0.2% after it confirmed it is purchasing Intel’s modem business in a deal valued at $1 billion.
• Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) stock gained 6.2% after posting its strongest comparable sales in three years.
• Mattel (NASDAQ:MAT) advanced 6.3% after it lost less than expected in its last quarter, as revenue was boosted by sales of its Toy Story 4 action figures and growth in its Barbie and Hot Wheels brands.